Pre-Planning Makes Perfect Sense
Talking about your final arrangements isn’t easy. But it doesn’t have to be hard.
You could be encouraging a loved one to pre-plan, or you could want to broach the topic of your own plans with your family. In either case, it’s all about approaching the topic with confidence and care. Discussing final wishes often brings up strong emotions, however pre-planning is an act of love, and to make things easier in the future.
Questions and answers.
Your family is everything, the last thing you’d want is to put them in a difficult position. A time of loss is confusing, but your final arrangements don’t have to add to the uncertainty. Pre-planning your cemetery services can save your loved ones from having to make decisions while they’re grieving. Making pre-arrangements is the financially and emotionally responsible thing to do. Instead of being overwhelmed with details, your family will be able to focus on what’s important, celebrating your life.
- Why are you considering pre-planning?
- How would you like your family to be involved in the process?
- Now that we know your wishes, what should we do next?
- Does this mean you anticipate needing a funeral soon?
Here are a few common reasons people pre-plan. These topics could help guide your conversation.
- Pre-planning assures that a difficult time will be less stressful for your loved ones..
- When everything is determined in advance, families can focus on celebrating life, knowing that last wishes are perfectly fulfilled.
- Planning a funeral can require over 150 decisions, and making those choices now, together, can be an experience that brings families closer.
Start the process together.
Our Pre-Planning Guide is a comprehensive resource for families, and our
Pre-Planning form walks you through decision making online.