FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance reimbursement of eligible funeral expenses.
How to apply for this assistance:
A. Call the FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Line Number
- Applications opened as of April 12, 2021
- (844) 684-6333 | TTY: (800) 462-7585
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time
B. You will need the following documentation:
(1) An certified death certificate that attributes the death directly or indirectly to COVID-19 and shows that the death occurred in the United States, including the U.S. territories, and the District of Columbia.
(2) Funeral expenses documents (receipts, funeral home or cemetery purchase agreement, etc.) that include the applicant’s name, the deceased person’s name, the amount of funeral expenses, and the dates the funeral expenses happened.
(3) Proof of funds received from other sources specifically for use toward funeral costs. FEMA is not able to duplicate benefits received from burial or funeral insurance, financial assistance received from voluntary agencies, government agencies, or other sources, such as, prepaid/preneed funeral contracts.
For more information about this program's eligibility requirements and application process, please visit https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance