Funeral Planning and Cremation Service in Sugar Land, TX
We have approached life and death differently. While some just see the end of a loved one’s life as a time for grief and mourning, we at Davis Greenlawn Funeral Chapels and Cemeteries prefer to think of it as a time for reflection, appreciation and even celebration. This is evident in everything we do, from the way we conduct our services to the amenities we choose to offer
Our compassionate staff take pride in maintaining a setting that allows you to find peace, comfort, and solace. It's not only about healing, it's also about celebrating the life and the memories of those who have passed away.
As one of the leading funeral service provider in the area, we help families by guiding them through their most difficult days. We serve as a caring partner to you, your family, and our community.
In the moments and hours after a loved one passes, you may find your heart heavy with grief and uncertainty about what comes next. Was there a prearranged funeral plan in place? Do you need to plan for services at-need? Who should you call on for professional funeral support? These and many other pressing questions and concerns are likely to come to mind. With the help of a caring funeral home and cremations in Sugar Land, TX, your family will move through this sorrowful time.
When planning how you will care for the remains of the deceased, there is no right or wrong way to do it. You can choose the type of disposition that best suits your family’s needs. If the deceased made their wishes known before they died, you can use that information to help you plan their final care. Here are the most common methods of caring for mortal remains:
- Casket Burial – This type of care has been happening for as long as humans have been mourning their dead, placing the person in a box and laying them in a dedicated grave space. Today’s burials require a casket, vault or liner, burial plot, and a headstone or grave marker.
- Green Burial - For those who wish to bury their loved one in a more natural way. Green burial avoids embalmment or utilizing precious resources in caskets for death care and burial. Cost tends to be less expensive, but location options for this type of burial are less common.
- Cremation - Accelerating the decomposition process using heat and flame, the body of the deceased is cremated and processed into sand-like ashes. The remains are then laid to rest in whatever way the family determines best.
- Aquamation – Similar to cremation services, Aquamation uses heat, water, and alkalizing agent to reduce the body to soft bone. These are processed into powdered sand and given to the family for their chosen means of final rest.
These options address how to care for the deceased’s body, but do not address any funeral services or memorialization that surviving family and friends may benefit to hold. If you’d like to discuss these options further, a qualified funeral home and cremation service provider in Sugar Land, TX will be able to answer any questions you may have.
Tribute Service Types
Part of the grieving process includes holding a commemorative service for the fallen. It’s not mandatory to do, but grief counselors and mental health experts agree that people who mourn their deceased loved one with a ceremony of their choosing tend to have better wellness outcomes. A funeral or memorial service provides an outlet of communal grief. There, individuals experience that they are not alone in their pain. Others are hurting too. This awareness of shared grief provides a strong level of support to carry on. Things will get better. Common types of funeral services include the following tribute types:
- Traditional Funeral – This service is usually coupled with a casket burial, but it can also be done before cremation if desired. The traditional funeral commonly consists of a viewing or visitation, funeral gathering, and a committal service at the grave. The body of the fallen is present at the funeral, embalmed, dressed, and groomed for the services. The formal gathering may include a ceremony based on cultural or faith traditions of the deceased and their family to mark their passing in a meaningful and ritualized manner.
- Memorial Service – Similar to a funeral, but without the remains of the deceased at the services. They can be held months or years after death has happened. This type of tribute care focuses more on the memories of the deceased and not the presence of their physical remains.
- Celebration of Life – Some families choose to avoid emotional sadness so often inherent in a funeral or memorial service. Rather, they want to celebrate the memory of the person they loved in life. How they choose to do this is very personalized, but can take place as a gathering of family and friends in a meaningful place either inside or outside. They may have food and drinks, music, conversation, and shared memories in honor of the deceased.
A Funeral Home and Cremation Provider in Sugar Land, TX That is Here for You:
At Davis Greenlawn Funeral Chapels and Cemeteries, our funeral care professionals are committed to providing high-quality support to families who come to us. If your family has lost a loved one, call on our funeral home and cremation experts in Sugar Land, TX for help. Our greatest privilege is to serve the community as a guide to laying down their loved ones in a way that helps them gain healing and closure. Visit us at 3900 B F Terry Blvd Rosenburg, TX 77471. Call today for information: 281-341-8800.